Through professional paraphrasing you can raise the chances of your articles getting published. Correct and effective paraphrasing is one of the most important factors in preventing article rejection. As you know, paraphrasing is also one way to get rid of plagiarism. The better you paraphrase, the greater are your chances of reducing plagiarism.
What is paraphrasing?
The word paraphrase means to preserve the meaning of the sentence but to change its structure and words by using synonyms. Paraphrase means re-writing a phrase or sentence. The paraphrased sentence must have the same meaning as the original sentence but with a different vocabulary and structure.
When we read a text written by someone else, thoughts or ideas may come to mind, or we may intend to use that content in our own text. We may also decide to use what is presented in the text but we do not want to copy and paste all of it or in other words, steal it which is called plagiarism in the world of research. Copying others’ writing as our own is considered plagiarism and is a crime. Therefore, paraphrasing is the solution that helps us to prevent such issues.
How to Paraphrase
- Replace the original words with their synonyms. Most people try to use this method, but it is a bit difficult. Although there are many synonyms for each word in any language, these synonyms do not always have the same meaning. So with the use of one word instead of another, the meaning of the sentence changes. The word has the same meaning, but it could change the meanings of the sentence, under different circumstances.
2. Change the order of words in the sentence. Change the words and their order in the sentence. It is easier to change the order of words, and you will be less likely to make a mistake and change the meaning of the sentence. However, sometimes it is not easy to determine which words to change. Also, when you change the order of words, you may also need to change some words as well. Besides, you may need to add more words to make the sentence grammatically correct.
- Change the grammatical structure of the sentence. Changing the grammar of the sentence sounds hard, but actually, it is easier than changing the vocabulary. In addition, if you change the grammatical structure of the sentence and make a mistake, your sentence is still understandable. But if you change the word and make a mistake, the reader will not understand what you mean.
Some Tips on Paraphrasing:
- Re-read the original text until you fully understand its meaning. Read the text carefully several times.
- Put the original text aside and write down your paraphrases. Write what you understood from the text in your own words.
- Write a few words down to help you revise your selections. It means that you should set aside synonym words to use them when needed. Also, write a keyword or sentence that represents your theme.
- Check your paraphrase with the original text to make sure that you have included all the necessary information in a new form.
- Use quotation marks to identify a phrase that is exactly from the source.
- Write the references (including the page for each source) so that you can easily find them when you decide to use them in your article.
With these tips in mind, you can properly paraphrase your article, but there may still be some percentage of plagiarism after paraphrasing. So you need to learn it through trial and error. So we recommend that you first assign this to people who have sufficient experience and are experts in the field. So that you will not need to do it over and over again and that you can also submit your article to the journals without worrying. For this purpose, you can use DoNotEdit paraphrasing service. Moreover, with the help of DoNotEdit plagiarism checking service, you can identify the plagiarism of your scientific articles and try to eliminate them.