Three persons namely the chief editor, the referee and the author undertake the process of reviewing scientific journals.The chief editor is also qualified to apply his scientific opinions and judgments under the following two stages:
- Initial screening of the articles
- Journals reviewing
After the initial submitting in the journal, each article should be examined by the chief editor or editorial staff in terms of the following criteria:
- Not re – submitted before in the same journal
- Not re – submitted before in the same publisher’s journals
- Lack of plagiarism more than 10%
- Lack of technical deficiencies in the main files of the article includes cover letter, word file, and shapes.
- Lack of deficiencies in the content parts of the article, such as the abstract, references, materials , and methods.
- Full control of edited English format and edit quality.
- Full control of the authorship affiliations.
- the appropriateness of the scientific content and the association of the article subject with the journal subject
In case of observing any incongruities in the mentioned issues,the article should be rejected immediately or be returned to the author by the chief editor.
Be careful, if the papers are screened precisely at this stage, the fewer workloads will be transferred to the referee’s process, and much more times will be saved.